Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <[log in to unmask]>
From: Hans Aberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 11:26:40 +0200
At 01:38 +0200 2002/07/21, Frank Mittelbach wrote:
>have a look at Don's home page. there you find that upon his death TeX version
>number goes up to \pi and from there on all bugs are by definition features.

When Knuth dies, I figure that the copyright of TeX will be transferred to
the estate of the deceased, and it will be up to the maintainers of this
estate to decide what will happen with TeX: They may decide to respect the
wishes epxressed by Knuth, or to do something else, like making TeX into a
commercial product. Those that do not like what happens with TeX at that
time may decide to challenge it in court.

It would be better though if one could agree on a common TeX successor well
before that.

  Hans Aberg