Hans Aberg <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 22:05:37 +0100
At 23:19 +0330 1998/12/22, Roozbeh wrote:
>Sorry for being off-topic:
>I have found that the ctt-digest list is off. Anyone have any time for
>livening something like that? I can't do this kind of thing, since
>Iran's line is too narrow, so usenet news is luxury for us. (You
>can understand that I need the ctt-digest because of the above fact. I am
>one of few ones who want to read comp.text.tex, but can't.)

Sorry for being off-topic, too, I hope it does not happen on this list
again which sooo closely follows the topic. :-)

I don't know what ctt-digest is, but I think that it might be possible to
read  Usenet news groups via WWW-searches such as DejaNews
<http://www.dejanews.com/>, even if the local news-server does not have a
group or the article has expired on it. Local news groups are normally only
distributed locally (so German news groups are usually not distributed in
Sweden or the US or vice versa), and "alt" newsgroups are often left out
for lack of hard-disk space or contents.

  Hans Aberg
                  * Email: Hans Aberg <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
                  * Home Page: <http://www.matematik.su.se/~haberg/>