Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 12:54:00 +0100
From: Frank Mittelbach <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Vafa,

 > This is the work for LaTeX3 right? if Yes, are you or anyone else of the
 > LaTeX team plans to add bidirectional support to LaTeX3? Having
 > bidirectional support in heading commands is vital. And depending on the
 > engine used, different sort of macro programming is required.

all discussions on this list are supposed to concentrate around L3 stuff, so
yes to the first question.

There is also a yes to the second question. However, as far as a heading
interface question is concerned, is there anything that affects that (the
interface, not the inner part of an implementation)? I would claim, that no
there isn't.  the content of an argument to a heading, e.g, the title, etc
would need to be able to allow for specifying writing direction, but that
would be within the argument and not explicitly specified on the outside.

Or not? If so I would would be interested in seeing examples of what you have
in mind.

thanks