From:
Phillip Helbig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 18:16:49 GMT
I would like to use the PostScript fonts, specifically the psnfss times
package, so that manuscripts for the journal Astronomy and Astrophysics
will be typeset as they later will appear in the journal.

This is, at the moment, ALL I want to do as far as PostScript fonts are
concerned.

I've read descriptions in the obvious places, but it seems a bit too
complicated; I suspect that it's actually quite easy if all one wants to
do is what I described above.

Can someone point me to a) the times package (if it's REALLY just three
lines I can type it in by hand) and b) the fonts.  The main thing is
that I would like to get ONLY what I need, and that without much sifting
and sorting.  Where should I put the various font files?

What I have done is got the contents of
tex-archive/fonts/psfonts/{times|courier|helvetic}/

What else do I need and where should I put the stuff (I have a rather
standard VMS TeX-tree).

--
Phillip Helbig                          Email ......... [log in to unmask]
Nuffield Radio Astronomy Laboratories   Tel. .... +44 1477 571 321 (ext. 297)

My opinions are not necessarily those of NRAL or the University of Manchester.