Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <[log in to unmask]>
From: Boris Veytsman <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 01:34:17 -0400
> Date:         Thu, 18 Jul 2002 21:42:29 +0300
> From: Apostolos Syropoulos <[log in to unmask]>

> Yes but your message was the one about Debian/LaTeX machines, not mine,
> right? TeX is a typesetting system, Linux is an operating system, two
> rather different kinds of entities. Comparing the two things is a
> *mistake* that many Linux people do. If we want to compare things, we
> should start with Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.

Sorry for making myself not clear.

Debain/LaTeX machine is a machine running Debian when its primary job
is processing LaTeX files.

--
Good luck

-Boris

If you remove stricture from a large Perl program currently, you're just
installing delayed bugs, whereas with this feature, you're installing an
instant bug that's easily fixed.  Whoopee.
             -- Larry Wall in <[log in to unmask]>