Achim Blumensath <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 21:19:41 CET
Frank Mittelbach wrote:
> as promised I have now added the basic macros for galley formatting onto
> the web site. So this now can actually be used and you could apply the
> justification templates etc and put them to a test.

[...]

> hope this interface (now productive) spawns some further discussion.
> There are certainly a lot of open questions being posed in the file
> galley2.dtx --- so I hope to receive your comments to the mechanism
> in the next days

Just one comment so far: The xhj and galley2 packages are neatly
separated; galley2 provides the low-level implementation which is
used by xhj. There is only one place where this separation is
violated: the galley code uses a hard-coded justification template
to set the default justification. IMHO, this should be avoided somehow.
E.g., one could simply remove the call to the template and demand that
higher level classes have to set reasonable defaults themselvesl; or
one could provide some interface to set the defaults instead of hard
coding them.

Achim
    //  Achim Blumensath       | \  _                        \O/ \___/\ |
   //   [log in to unmask]   |-< /_\                       =o=  \ /\ \|