Sender:
From:
Joseph Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2008 19:54:55 +0100
Hello all,

After asking about keyval for LaTeX3, I've had a hack at creating
something to act as a potential starting point for discussion.  I've
been very cheeky and (for want of a better name) called it "l3keys".  As
well as the package, I've also knocked up a quick test file:

http://www.morningstar2.demon.co.uk/packages/l3keys.dtx
http://www.morningstar2.demon.co.uk/packages/l3keys.ins
http://www.morningstar2.demon.co.uk/packages/l3keys.pdf
http://www.morningstar2.demon.co.uk/packages/l3keys.tex

for those who are interested.

The package is more-or-less a re-implementation of pgfkeys in the new
syntax.  However, I've made a few changes where there seemed to be
issues in the code, and have also tried to keep things more in the new
style.  I'm sure I've also introduced some issues of my own!

For those not familiar, pgfkeys uses a "file-like" tree for keys:

/module/submodule/key = value
/module/submodule/key/.property = value

I have slightly tweaked the property names (I hope), and have also added
LaTeX3 argument specifiers to them, as appropriate.  I hope this does
not make things too complex.

Any feedback is welcome.  If this looks at all useful, feel free to use
it in whatever.