Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:09:06 +0200
From: Lars Hellström <[log in to unmask]>
Heiko Oberdiek skrev:
> Hello,
>
> this is an answer to an old LaTeX bug (see LaTeX bug database).
> Unhappily I can't write an answer to the LaTeX bug system.
> After three failed tries I have to use this list for that.
> Please update the help text in the database:
> * How to answer to a bug entry?
>   * Which email address(es)?
>     Probably: [log in to unmask]
>     Anything else?
>     How is the bug reporter is notified, if the answering
>     person is different?
>   * From address?
>     Is any address allowed or it is limited to
>     the bug reporter and authorisized people (LaTeX team)?

This reminds me: Several years ago (say 2003 \pm 2 years) there seemed
to have been some kind of upgrade of the database software, and after
that several replies I had written were no longer there. That is, they
used to be visible in the web page generated for a particular bug
number, but afterwards they aren't included. Indeed, I get the feeling
that you seldom *see* more than the original report for any bug. This
is BAD.

>   * Subject?
>     I have seen
>       Re: <category>/<number>
>     and
>   * Are there delays in the processing of mails send to the
>     bug database regarding answers (cronjob, moderation, ...)?
>
> For bug latex/3540 there are workarounds:

Easier workaround, which also solves a bunch of other problems in this
area:

   \usepackage{xdoc2}

This might even have been entered into the database at some time,
though I think it must have been for an older bug than latex/3540.

Lars Hellström