From:
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 13:05:02 +0100
Achim Blumensath writes:

 > reading about paragraph formatting I had the idea for a template for
 > "headed paragraphs".

they are on my lists of things to provide for as well (and no, not implemented
either yet :-)

 > The template takes an argument containing the text of the head,
 > typesets it, and prepares the paragraph formatting.

In my opinion the template type for this should take not one but three
arguments:

  arg1: A number (or comparable) or \NoValue denoting that this headed para is
        unnumbered

  arg2: The title (required) ie the main title text of the headed para

  arg3: A subtitle or \NoValue.

those three arguments very often go together so it seems sensible to me to
provide for them in the template type. arg3 in case of theorem could be the
optional note, in case of headings it could be a subtitle text or a motto
(that is not supported by current LaTeX but nevertheless ...)

the reason to keep arg1 and arg2 separate (they could of course be passed as a
single argument) is that often the two get different treatment (eg special
space between them, order swapped, new line and vertical space between them,
etc etc)

does this make sense to you?

 > Any comments?

go ahead and implement some :-)

frank

ps needs a good name for the template type as well: headedpara looks horrible
to me