From:
Piet van Oostrum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 12:36:59 +0100

BP> Dear Latex3-Team,
BP> I have now succesfully used xor for producing 3-column output with
BP> book.cls. Attached you will find my changes/additions to the current xor.

BP>  * fixed horizontal float placement for starting column >1

BP>  * added hooks for header/footer

BP>  * added compatibility for old marks

BP>  * added \totalwidth for correct header/footer sizing

BP>  * added \floatwidth for float scaling

BP> I will probably do some more refinement on the header/footer stuff, but
BP> would appreciate some input on the interface design first.

BP> Otherwise, if you would like to include parts of this patches, feel free
BP> to do so.

Sorry for the late reply. These messages were put in my spam box by my
spam filter.

I do also have some patches for the new output routines which add:
- the correct \evensidemargin, \oddsidemargin and \topmargin
- traditional LaTeX marks implemented on top of the new mark mechanism
- headers and footers (with the standard latex2 API, thus compatible with
  packages like fancyhdr)

I made all the changes (which aren't many) in xor-new.sty. Of course they
would have to be put into xor-new.dtx, and I can do that if there is
interest in these patches.

Anybody interested?
--
Piet van Oostrum <[log in to unmask]>