Sender:
From:
Roozbeh Pournader <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 23:53:42 +0330
Thierry Bouche suggests using anothe font for \MakeUpperCase.

I should ask all you if you really like to stay on TeX, with all limits like
the 256 fonts limit, the 256 glyphs per font limit, and all other
things. Being a TeX programmer for about three years, I'm swithing
to Omega, only because I don't like a bag of hacks for simple things like
contextual analysis, or using many fonts. I'm very happy the Persian
language can be typeset using 256 glyphs, but I am very sorry for those like
Arabs who have those many ligatures they may want to turn on and off. Or
Far Easterns with those many characters.

LaTeX is not frozen, and will continue its growth, but who will write
the Lambda that will help all of us live simpler and find better jobs?
Do you know of the effort needed to port any single LaTeX standard
package to a bidirectional environment for example?
Roozbeh