Boris Veytsman <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 15:27:42 -0400
> Date:         Mon, 22 Jul 2002 20:07:47 +0100
> From: Timothy Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
>

> Personally, I would have far more faith in the AMS acting sensibly toward TeX
> than I would in Debian.

Surely you are right. AMS people work with TeX, and for them it is an
important tool. Debian developers are mostly ignorant about TeX; for
them it is an exotic product of dubious value. Some of them seem to be
ready to sacrifice its important features to an ideological purity.

--
Good luck

-Boris

It is not that polar co-ordinates are complicated, it is simply
that cartesian co-ordinates are simpler than they have a right to be.
                -- Kleppner & Kolenhow, "An Introduction to Mechanics"