Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <[log in to unmask]>
From: Hans Aberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 16:53:10 +0200
bbeeton:
>I can sympathize with this, but I'm unfortunately on the wrong end of
>this, working on a vms system...

  It is not a problem of the vms, but a problem of having outdated email
reading software. Perhaps the vms is so outmoded nobody bothers writing
software for it anymore; then it is the sign of getting a new computer.
Computers outdate rather fast these days, typically 2-4 years, so it is
going to happen soon, even if you try to stretch it.

>...Apologies for being off-topic...

  The main point is that LaTeX needs not being concerned about length 72 or
80 or 256 or something else from the technological point of view, even
though one can use it to help up the reading.

  Hans Aberg
                  * Email: Hans Aberg <mailto:[log in to unmask]>