Sender:
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2014 21:45:43 +0200
From:
Michiel Helvensteijn <[log in to unmask]>
On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 5:13 PM, Joseph Wright
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> We've not supported loading individual modules from the 'kernel' bundle
> for some years. Thus trying to do
>     \RequirePackage{l3prop}
> without
>     \RequirePackage{expl3}
> first has raised an error for quite a while now

That's not the problem. This is all *with* \RequirePackage{expl3}

> As part of making expl3 loadable on top of formats other than LaTeX2e
> (at least, on top of plain/ConTeXt: others not tested), it was much more
> straight forward to roll all of the l3kernel code up into a single
> extracted files. That makes no difference to how things are loaded it
> should be more-or-less no issue: you used to need
> "\RequirePackage{expl3}" and you still do.

Let me put it like this. Until now, I've always been able to do this:

\RequirePackage{expl3}
\RequirePackage{l3prop}

But now, this gives me the error message:

! LaTeX Error: File `l3prop.sty' not found.

> Note that this change was included in the usual announcements I make
> before uploading code to CTAN.

Apologies. I admit I haven't been following your announcements for
some time, because LaTeX has not been a priority of late.

> I notice in the e-mail title you mention l3str

Apologies again. That was just an example, not really relevant to my case.

Thanks,

--
www.mhelvens.net