Sender:
From:
Mark Steinberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 13:23:27 -0500
> > i continue to believe that there remains a future for a latex-like
> > language,
>
> It would be useful to know what uses you, and others, see for such a
> language in a world where XML fulfills what its proponents claim for
> it (and some things they maybe do not claim?).

But you can't write MathML, and XML in general has no macros, correct?

It's horrible to contemplate writing in a language without macros.

It's important to be able to write in a language that

   1. has macros

   2. conveys the semantic information needed for the target language.

Latex itself falls short of 2, but comes closer than anything else I
know. Do you know a better alternative?

--Mark