From:
Thierry Bouche <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 12:38:21 +0100
» I still use OT1 for French and will continue until new fonts
» appear in public domain with the same quality as CM fonts for
» the 128-255 range.

yes, you're the third french user group yourself...

I thought you'd use VDC... zefonts.sty provides (almost) full T1, with
good looking guillemets, in type 1 if required, and the original knuth
design of CM fonts as long as the glyph was designed... AE fonts are
more standard but lack a few things in type 1.

Th.