Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 18:01:47 +0100
From: Jonathan Fine <[log in to unmask]>
Hi

Links to 8 accessibility talks at recent TeX conference. Topics for TeX
Hour, to the end of August.

At the TeX Conference last weekend there were 8 talks that focussed on
accessibility. I think that's a record. The subject of the TeX Hour this
Thursday is "Obstacles to Accessible TeX". This includes technical, social
and human problems. Sharing experience and a fair partnership between blind
and sighted are crucial for avoiding and removing obstacles.

One of the talks is a 30 minute conversation between Jonathan Godfrey and
Jana Schroeder,  both of whom are blind. I had the honor of facilitating
this conversation.  Even if you don't go to the TeX Hour, I think it's well
worth listening to. It's available at
https://youtu.be/KNLJwjKg7EM

Here are the TeX Hour details: