Sender:
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2010 21:54:13 +0200
From:
Joseph,

 > The announcement of the TLcontrib system (http://tlcontrib.metatex.org/)
 > suggests to me that this would be a good way to test expl3 snapshots
 > before release. I'm planning to take advantage of this for future
 > snapshots, unless they are 'urgent' fixes. What I'd imagine doing is
 > sending material to TLcontrib with a message posted here. I'm then going
 > to wait for 'a short period' (lets say three days), and if there are no
 > issues send the material to CTAN.
 >
 > Does this sound sensible?

I may be mistaken but the way I read the front page of that site it doesn't
sound as if it is meant for this purpose but rather for more long term hosting
of material that isn't really supposed to be on CTAN or can't go into TL.
It is true that they also speak about releases for testing, but still ...

I would check with Taco if he thinks this would be a good way to make use of
the site. In any case I would fear 3 days would be too short a period for
testing

cheers