Sender:
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 10:20:20 +0200
From:
Joachim Schrod <[log in to unmask]>

MH> Why is my proposal unworthy to be looked at just because I don't
MH> know TeX? [...] Please tell me what exactly is not implementable
MH> and help me to improve my proposal.

This is a deeply technical mailing list about leading edge
implementations of future LaTeX packages. Many people on this list
don't want to spent their time explaining a novice the very basics of
LaTeX. In particular, you have got already several clues why your
proposal is not implementable and obviously didn't read or didn't
unterstand them.

That's why I said already twice (and now say it the third and last
time): There are other, better, forums for your proposal than this
mailing list. You're not unwelcome, you simply chose the wrong place.
Go to one of the user's mailing lists or newsgroups. Maybe you want to
use a German one so that you can use your native language. Come to a
DANTE meeting and make a presentation there. You're welcome; but this
is simply not the right place.

>> That brings me to the real issue: Do you actually know that most of
>> TeX's white space handling happens before tokenization, i.e.,
>> before the programming starts at all?

MH> No.

>> You do know the basic principles of the TeX macro proces, do you?

MH> No. I am completely unfamiliar with TeX.

MH> [...] Why do so many people tell me that I am stupid and unworthy
MH> to listen to?

Please note that I did not say not that you're stupid. In fact, until
now I didn't say anything about your mental state. But if you really
want it, voila: You're not stupid. Seriously. Instead you are ignorant
and unwilling to learn. Just my honest opinion, sorry. Turn these "no"
above into "yes" and come back afterwards.

        Joachim

Joachim Schrod                                  Email: [log in to unmask]
Roedermark, Germany

        ``How do we persuade new users that spreading fonts across the page
        like peanut butter across hot toast is not necessarily the route to
        typographic excellence?''                       -- Peter Flynn