Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <[log in to unmask]>
From: "William F. Hammond" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 16:48:13 -0400
My alpha release was put up on CTAN late last week.  There follows a
LaTeX-like sketch of the way that I'd like to be able to make uploads
some day in the future.  It lives under a small extension of Graham
Williams's XML document type for the TeX Catalogue, which is a data
interchange, rather than document, application of XML.  The XML
instance generated by this would be processed locally, say, with perl
and its library LWP to do the upload and then to send the
auto-generated XML catalogue entry to [log in to unmask] .

-----
\documenttype[ucatalogue.dtd]{ctanUpload}
%
% This is "whatever.glm".  Spin out XML with
%       emacs -batch  -l gellmu  -f gellmu-xml  whatever.glm
%
\mimetype{application/octet-stream}  % what's optimal for a gzipped tar ?
\localId{$Markup/gellmu/tarkits/gellmu-074.tgz}
\ctansite{\uk;}
\ctanpath{support/gellmu}
\begin{about}
\name{gellmu}
\caption{LaTeX-like markup for writing XML documents}
\author{\name{William F. Hammond}\[log in to unmask]
\home{http://www.albany.edu/~hammond/gellmu/}
\license[type="gpl"];
\version{\number{0.7.4}\released{2001/07/26}}
\end{about}
\begin{description}
\begin{abstract}
GELLMU is an acronym for "Generalized Extensible LaTeX-Like MarkUp".
With GELLMU one may use LaTeX-like markup to write consciously for
SGML document types such as HTML, DocBook, TEI, or GELLMU's own
didactic LaTeX-like article.  This package provides didactic
translators for its articles to both HTML and regular LaTeX.  (It does
not provide conversion of LaTeX itself to other formats.)  This is the
alpha release.
\end{abstract}
\end{description}
-----

More information:  The XML document type definition for the TeX
Catalogue is on CTAN in help/Catalogue/catalogue.dtd.  Relevant
GELLMU details may be found in the package's manual or online
as HTML at http://www.albany.edu/~hammond/gellmu/glman.html .

I expect that I will send a more detailed proposal about this to
[log in to unmask] when I get a chance.

Comments or questions?

                                    -- Bill