From:
Thierry Bouche <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 20:39:18 +0100
Werner LEMBERG a écrit :

> > > - The output encoding is limited to 8 bit fonts, which may not be
> > >   enough to get correct kerning for some languages. (Can someone
> > >   confirm or correct this???)
> >
> > We need some examples. I can't find any.

a full swash italic font with automatic ligaturing for uppercases
(including accented ones), plus maybe automatic ligaturing of some extra
pairs than the standard ones, and maybe also automatic selection of long
s/short s or other special ending charachters.

(An example could be how to use the full set of AJenson, making caps
printing normal caps inside a word, and swash caps at the beginning,
plus some other niceties...) -- well I didn't count, I didn't even try
that...

Th. B.