Mon, 14 May 2001 17:02:01 +0200
> > >Actually, they aren't, but for some reason Knuth
> > >very likely understands, this information is included
> > >in the tfm files (text font *metrics*).
>
> It is because the pattern-matching required to identify ligature points
> is almost identical (in the standard English cases) to the
> pattern-matching required for kerning.
[Further interesting explanations follows]

Thanks.

btw, my comment about Knuth is not derogatory at
all. Simply I didn't understand it because I find the
TeX program somewhat difficult to understand (not
being a professional programmer).

Javier
Conoce la que será la película del verano y llévate una camiseta de cine en http://www.marujasasesinas.com/html/concurso.html