Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:44:15 +1030
From:
Will Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
On 11/11/2009, at 12:37 PM, David Carlisle wrote:

>> Your unicode.xml file defines math alphabets with names \mathsfbfsl
>> and so on which is similar to what I have in unicode-math but not
>> identical. Do they come from anywhere or are they essentially
>> arbitrary?
>

> essentially arbitrary but they were used (in some cases including
> hacking metafont parameters to make font variants) to make the
> example png images for the 1Dxxx plane a alphanumeric blocks
> that were in the mathml2 spec and now the entities spec.
> But I'm not sure I even have those fonts any more, perhaps on an
> archive
> tape somewhere...

If you're not particularly attached to your names, then, I'll keep
with what I've got for now. At some later stage we (the general "we")
can discuss better ones, if necessary.

>> If you're happy to experiment, then my unicode-math package should
>> help you out there:
>>   <http://github.com/wspr/unicode-math>
>
> Thanks, but first got to work out how best to do mstack and mlongdiv
> which have been added to the spec since I last really stressed this.

Sure, no worries. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help if
you ever need to typeset unicode maths later on. (If you're just
interested in the glyphs on their own, then you may as well just use
XeTeX/LuaTeX and use \char"1D767 (etc. to infinity) but if you want
actual examples of maths...)

-- Will