Sender:
From:
Sebastian Rahtz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 1997 16:15:06 +0100
 > Nice idea, but what about journals that print initials withouth dots?
 > In the IOP physics journal, they print author names like "T T C Jones",
 > so if you say \author{surname=Jones, inits=T.T.C.}, your're already
 > encoding some part of the presentation, not just the information.
sigh. troublemaker. "inits=t t c", and journal B can cycle over the
elements adding dots?

 > * What about papers representing a team effort?  In the proceedings
 >   issues of plasma physics journals you often find something like
 >
 >       <author list> and the ITER Joint Central Team and Home Teams

\author{type=collab, name=The ITER Team}

or

\collab{name=The ITER Team}

 >       ITER Joint Central Team, presented by A. U. Thor
um. tricky one. our DTD has a tag for this. i am tempted to
say

\author{type=presenter,surname=Thor,forename=A U}

 >       A. U. Thor and ITER Joint Central Team
 >
 >   to put the presenting author first regardless of the ordering
 >   in the original paper.
ah, now ordering of authors is hard... i am assuming natural order, if
in doubt. we didnt promise to generate a BibTeX heade from the frontmatter

 >      \address{id=lab1,address=Forschungszentrum Juelich, Germany}
 >      \address{id=lab2,address=Ecole Royale Militaire, Belgium}
 >      \address{id=lab3,address=FOM Institut voor Plasmafysica, Netherlands}
 >
 >   the official policy may ask for a footnote such as
 >
 >      \note{id={lab1,lab2,lab3},
 >        text={partners in the Trilaterial Euregio Cluster}}
well, you solved it yourself. there comes a point where you have to
giev up and use a \note, perhaps.

 >   (This is indeed a real life example, not something that I've made up.)
oh, i believe you. i bet the wretches publish with Elsevier....

another one i am not happy about is shared departments:

  A U THor
    Dept Chemistry
  B L User
    Dept Physics
    University of Noddyland

i really dont see a clean markup for this

sebastian