aparsloe <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Sep 2014 16:55:49 +1200
I have found a number of instances where I have wanted to generate a
variant with varying degrees of branching, e.g.

\cs_generate_variant:Nn \tl_case:Nn { No }
\cs_generate_variant:Nn \tl_case:NnT { No }
\cs_generate_variant:Nn \tl_case:NnF { No }

I find myself envious of the functionality available with
\prg_new_conditional:Npnn and its ilk where multiple degrees of
branching can be coded in a single statement using a subset of { p, F,
T, TF }. It would be nice to be able to write something similar, e.g.

\cs_generate_variant:Nnn \tl_case:Nn { No } { , F, T }

where the empty slot before the first comma denotes the nonbranching
variant.

I don't imagine I'm the first to have thought this, so presumably there
is good (or at least some) reason for not providing the functionality.
It would be good to know.

Andrew