Fri, 7 Dec 2007 12:45:56 +0100
Ulrich Dirr writes:
 > >> I'd some application where on all left-hand pages (in one chapter)
 > text
 > >> were typeset with 'footnote marks' and on the right-hand page
 > ***all***
 > >> corresponding 'footnotes' from the left pages were typeset.
 > >
 > > you mean like ftnright but across a spread? or differently?
 >
 > spread

ok, works now and is uploaded ... had to find and fix a bug in cases where not
all columns are present on a page

actually, right now it only works if the document has at least 2 columns
because I started out with the code from ftnright, but that should be easy to
extend to the general case.

layout is called "ftnrightspread" and you can review the results in the pdf

it doesn't really improve the particular document because as a result of the
footnote move less good page/column breaks are taken, but this is purely
bad luck