Sender:
From:
David Carlisle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 12:41:35 GMT
Bernd

> And (b) additional data types has to be introduced for (e-)TeX to be
> able to save all different kind of nodes.

Mostly, when I've wanted that in the past I'd have been happy if the new
\lastxxx primitives had put the removed node into a hbox so it could
be saved in a box register, rather than introducing new register types
for each node type. Admittedly new register types that allowed access to
properties, such as, as you say, font information, would be useful, but
if adding that is sufficiently hard to postpone indefinitely the ability
to remove nodes from a constructed list, I'd take the simpler option of
removing them to a box register.

David

http://www.star.net.uk