From:
Achim Blumensath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 07:50:48 +0200
Hello,

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Frank Mittelbach wrote:

> hope you don't find too many bugs with it

I found a `feature' which might qualify as a bug. The routine
\make@page@box which constructs the final page produces a box with zero
dimensions. This results in the DVI file saying that the maximal
horizontal and vertical dimensions are zero. At least my DVI viewer under
BeOS gets confused by this.

>  - If the design allows strange placements in various areas, then ".lot"
>    files etc will as a result always be ordered strangely. There is
>    not much you can do about that on this stage (even if the above
>    problem is fixed) other than ensuring that at some later stage such
>    files get sorted automatically.

If you need a TeX implementation of merge-sort you can take a look at the
unfinished index package on my homepage.

Achim
   Achim Blumensath                                          \O/ \___/\ |
   Mathematische Grundlagen der Informatik                   =o=  \ /\ \|
   www-mgi.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/~blume                  /"\   o----|