From:
James Kilfiger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 13:50:52 +0100
>   without actual implementations it would be very beneficial (in my eyes) to
>   think about suitable template types for certain tasks.
>
>   suitable template types to discuss would be
>
>    headings
>    footnotes
>    lists

About lists, and especially about the what it means for the arguments of
a template type to have the same interpretation.

Suppose the template type has a width argument.  This could be used for
the width of a box to set the list in, or a template which set each item
in a cell of a table, the width argument could be used to specify the
width of those cells.  Is this within what is understood by type
arguments having the same interpretation?  What if the widht was taken
as the width of the the label?

Another thought, lists with one-line items look very widely spaced,
especially when used with non-zero parskip and double spacing.  A
variant form with tighter spacing, and the item text set in an hbox for
such lists might be a good idea.

        James