Sender:
From:
Uwe Lück <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 23:16:08 +0100
Happy Easter Holidays!
-- Here is a proposal for an advanced search of Easter eggs:

I thought it would be a matter of an hour or so to solve the
problems with \@reinserts in LaTeX's output routine
(see LaTeX bugs 3370, 3451, 3719). And I need this
somewhat urgently. At least I will (I'm afraid) be unable to
sleep until \output guru Frank Mittelbach will return to his
office after his Easter holidays. Can anybody else help me
with sleeping or \output earlier?

You find a proposal for getting rid of \@reinsert in latex/3719.
Yet it seems to me that it doesn't work. With the proposed
\let\@reinserts\relax, e.g., or with another emptying of the
\footins box, the page builder quits without comment, and I
get an overfull page. latex/3451 seems to allude to this
problem, but what is needed to be done actually now ...?

latex/3370 declares that the problem will not be solved with
LaTeX2e; on the other hand latex/3719 seems to express
that the LaTeX Project Team is willing to provide a solution
soon. Can we cooperate to achieve this? Whoever is
interested will get my test files on request. (They deal with
Stephan Boettcher's linenos.sty only up to now, however.)

Happy Easter holidays again,
Uwe Lueck.