Sender:
From:
Ionel Mugurel Ciobica <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 13:11:11 +0200
Hi all,

I am just wandering if in the next version of latex a new command
(something in the stille of \c or \k) will be created to support the
Romanian letters S and also T with a comma bellow. Those letters
are not supported at this moment but they are in the proposal of
iso-8859-16 (iso-8859-2 provide ones with a cedilla instead).

The usenet group comp.text.tex did not give me any help to solve
the problem.

Also omega (or lambda) fail to make those lettres with a comma
below ({\symbol{"0219}} or {\accent"0326 S}) perhaps due to a lack
of those letters in the unicode fonts available in my computer.

In the T1 encoding scheme those letters are not present. The use
of one of the commas as an accent it is not satisfactory because
it is wrong positioned. The work arround with \lower and \kern
({S\kern-.38em\lower.30ex\hbox{\scriptsize ,}\kern+.155em})
even if it made with 'ex' and 'em' it is not good enough because
doesn't stand to changes (to \texttt or \Huge for instance).

I am sory if I send this e-mail to a wrong place, I just run out
of options. Please suggest me an other place to ask for help.

Thank you for your help and for you time,

Ionel Ciob\^{\i}c\u{a}