Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <[log in to unmask]>
From: Robin Fairbairns <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 10:29:21 +0000
> Sorry for being off-topic:

hah!  as if that was a criterion for this list ;-)

> I have found that the ctt-digest list is off. Anyone have any time for
> livening something like that?

yes, both ctt-digest and info-tex have died: a sad tale, but there we
are.  the uni-heidelberg server runs an info-tex (with different
semantics, iirc, from the old shsu one); perhaps they can be persuaded
to run the digest too.  alternatively, the tug box might manage it.
i'll ask around.

> I can't do this kind of thing, since
> Iran's line is too narrow, so usenet news is luxury for us. (You
> can understand that I need the ctt-digest because of the above fact. I am
> one of few ones who want to read comp.text.tex, but can't.)

actually, you'ld save in bits transferred if you set up a server and
took a newsfeed of comp.text.tex on its own.  (save, that is, unless
you're actually the *only* person who wants to read c.t.t.)

robin