Sender:
From:
Roozbeh Pournader <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 00:37:37 +0330
On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Marcel Oliver wrote:

> If you didn't tell me anything, I would run it with the (hopefully
> some day to be default) input encoding UTF8.  If your file was clean
> ASCII, it would work in any case.  Only if you had used some limited 8
> bit encoding you would need to tell me about the encoding explicitly.

That's exactly how Unicode people and Unicode fans want to look at the
future. Markus Kuhn's ideas (you should have read that by now) are really
clear in this area.

>   I assume in the Windows world
>   it's also mostly distribution driven.

People will get angry with me, but I think the mostly used Windows
distributions is MiKTeX, and it is going towards a bautiful updating
model.

--roozbeh