From:
Will Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 11:52:07 +1030
Hi Heiko,

You wrote:
> I am interested in a mapping Unicode to LICR, therefore I should
> understand what a LICR really is.

I don't know if Ross Moore is on this list (latex-l), but he's also
been considering such a thing for XeTeX; see the xunicode package
(it's not on CTAN, oops:

   <http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/render_download.php?
site_id=nrsi&format=file&media_id=xetex_xunicode05&filename=xunicode.sty
.zip)> ,

not a very succinct link, I'm afraid)

At this stage it doesn't cover very much of unicode, since with
XeTeX's unicode input and output, it's debatable whether LICRs are
the right way forward when you're talking about tens of thousands of
characters...(well, such remarks have been made in the past, as I
recall).

I don't know if the package will be helpful for you, but it might be
interesting.

Best regards,

Will Robertson