Philipp Stephani <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Feb 2010 02:21:44 +0100
Am 15.02.2010 um 01:19 schrieb Will Robertson:

> Hi Philipp,
>
> Thanks for the feedback; these suggestions are great.
> I've got a couple of short queries below.
>
> On 15/02/2010, at 10:35 AM, Philipp Stephani wrote:
>
>> - maybe some wrappers around LaTeX-2 conditionals, but that is syntactic sugar
>
> You meant for functionality that doesn't yet exist in expl3?
> Can you be more specific?

I have some things like

\prg_new_conditional:Nnn \if_package_later:nn { p, T, F, TF } {
  \@ifpackagelater { #1 } { #2 } { \prg_return_true: } { \prg_return_false: }
}

just to have a better interface. I don't know if that is worth the trouble.

>> - dedicated stack and queue datatypes that hide their implementation
>
> Can you go into more detail about what is deficient in l3seq for this?

Nothing. Sometimes the standard libraries (e.g. the C++ STL) use container adaptors to hide the interface. It's only a design decision.

>> - \exp_arg_unbraced:No === \exp_after:wN
>
> You'd like this to exist, you mean?

Yes, I just think it fits better with the other _unbraced macros (it would be the simplest of those).

Please note that the three points you commented on are just related to design or style decisions, there is nothing wrong with how it is currently implemented in expl3.