From:
William F Hammond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 12:40:51 -0400
Martin --

Are you saying this _after_ reading Barbara Beeton's comments?

BTW a number of licenses are accepted by and in use at CTAN.

> > is actually already there (and he was satisfied with it).
>
> Fact is that the LPPL is no approved license for Sourceforge,
. . .
> I know your rationale for the license, but the fact that it's not
> approved by theses repositories makes life at least more
> complicated than needed.

I think that LaTeX project needs in the matter of software components
for tex, the program, and its cousins _are_ more complicated than
those for ordinary programs.  Note, that GNU provides a variant
license for libraries than for applications.  Don't we have a
different type of object here?

                                    -- Bill