Ulrich Dirr <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 08:52:01 +0200
> » Th ec fonts (probably only these) have the extra parameters as
> » described.
>
> Well... All T1 fonts installed with fontinst do have these, although
> they're not necessarily meaningfull.

Is this documentated somewhere? Is there a reference to, e.g., the Metafont
book or vol. E?
   I think it would be a useful extension to the TFM format to have these
font informations "officially" built in.
   BTW what happens if you use such fonts in math?

> If you want grid fitting, I'm afraid you have to set \topsep to a
> quite high value (height of the bounbing box of the largest char that
> could appear there?)

As I've read somewhere one shouldn't change \topskip because it influences
the output routine somehow. And -- if I'm remembering correctly -- I changed
the \topskip value to Didot points (because the body size, etc. was in
Didot) and experienced some unexpected behavior.

Ulrich

--
Art & Satz
Ulrich Dirr