From:
Robin Fairbairns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 1997 10:20:29 +0100
>   But really few uses non-GUI these days, even on UNIX, and the GUI's are
> much easier to use; and ease of communication is the true purpose.

Speak for yourself.

GUIs are designed for people who can't type, and those whose hands
haven't (yet) given way to the abuse of for ever being switched
between usages, and don't have other physical problems with their
arms/wrists/hands.

I fall in the latter category only: I can type, but the more I have to
muck about with a mouse, the less time I can spend at the keyboard
before I have to move on to something else.

Keep your beastly GUIs, if you must, but don't try and impose them on
me because you've fallen for someone else's rhetoric about their
value.  And, of course, you *do* impose an hideous GUI on me if you so
wrap your mail up in Mime that I can't read it without passing it
through a Mime decoding engine.

Robin

*This* mail is Mime compliant.  It can co-exist with lying dwarves
that sing in German.