Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <[log in to unmask]>
From: Apostolos Syropoulos <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 21:42:29 +0300
On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Boris Veytsman wrote:

> > My collegues here claim that Slackware is *the* best Linux distribution
> > and we have three Slackware boxes (one on Alpha) that have a TeX
>
> I really do not think that this list is the proper place to discuss
> relative merits of different Linux distributions.

Yes but your message was the one about Debian/LaTeX machines, not mine,
right? TeX is a typesetting system, Linux is an operating system, two
rather different kinds of entities. Comparing the two things is a
*mistake* that many Linux people do. If we want to compare things, we
should start with Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.

A.S.
*Apostolos Syropoulos                                          *
*snail mail: 366, 28th October Str., GR-671 00  Xanthi, HELLAS *
*email     : [log in to unmask]                        *
*phone num.: +30-(0)5410-28704                                 *
*home page : http://obelix.ee.duth.gr/~apostolo                *