Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 07:04:42 +0000
From: Joseph Wright <[log in to unmask]>
On 15/02/2011 22:47, Bruno Le Floch wrote:
> For your information, using the code I mentionned for \Uppercase, I
> have now two more things.
>
> - (Expandable) version of \tl_reverse:n that preserves spaces, and
> goes into brace groups, namely after two steps,
>
> \UL_reverse:n{\a{ b \) cd\(e}f}  ->  f{e\(dc \) b }\a

Could you post this here? (Or at least the bits that get added to your
existing posts).

> - Expandable full-expansion code (which takes care of course of
> \unexpanded and \noexpand, and \protected commands).
>          \fullyexpand:n{<some tl>}
> is then equivalent to
>          \edef\tmpa{<some tl>} \tmpa

Again, post the code :-) I wonder what exactly you mean here. With the
\expanded primitive (pdfTeX 1.50 or LuaTeX) you can do

  \edef\a{\expanded{\def\a{b}}}

and have \a => 'b'. I can't see that this can work without the extra
primitive. So some examples would be nice.

> I'm not too sure where I should go next.

Put all of the stuff you've written together with some documentation,
sticking to expl3 conventions, and send it to the list for addition to
expl3 :-) (Serious point: I'll probably do something like this over the
next day or so.)
--
Joseph