From:
Jonathan Fine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2021 20:52:39 +0100
Hi

We're pleased to have Yihui Xie as our special guest at the TeX Hour
tomorrow (Thursday 20 May, 7:00 to 8:00pm). Yihui is a major contributor to
R Markdown and the associated TinyTeX.

R is a popular statistics and data analysis programming language. It uses R
Markdown as a single source for many outputs, from HTML and Beamer slides
through to interactive notebooks and LaTeX typeset mathematics. We can
learn a lot from R Markdown.

Note that we start at 7:00pm. The room will be open at 6:30pm as usual, but
Yihui won't be arriving until after 7:00pm. Arrive at 7:00 yourself if you
wish. The UK time now is https://time.is/UK.

The zoom details are:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/78551255396?pwd=cHdJN0pTTXRlRCtSd1lCTHpuWmNIUT09
Meeting ID: 785 5125 5396 Passcode: knuth

Interested? If you have time, you might like to look at:
Authoring Books with R Markdown: https://bookdown.org/yihui/bookdown/
TinyTeX - a 100MB subset of TeXLive: https://yihui.org/tinytex/
https://ulyngs.github.io/rmarkdown-workshop-2019/

Advance notice: Next week we'll look at how git can help us improve CTAN,
TeXLive and reproducibility of documents.

Looking back, the video from last week (PreTeXt, LaTeX and Accessibility)
is available at:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLw1FZfIX1w7h6fajdTgUOyJ6GYh82b-XQ

with best regards

Jonathan