From:
"Y&Y, Inc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 1998 09:47:17 -0500
At 08:45 AM 98/11/27 , Robin Fairbairns wrote:

>pdf isn't, it seems, good enough for mathematicians.  at least for one
>of them in this university ;-)

>in a thread about putting maths on the web (in an internal newsgroup)
>i've today been told that "converting whole documents to pdf is
>entirely the wrong idea".

Translation:  Duh!  What is PDF?

>the imaging model is fine; there are those who don't think the
>hypertextual model is good enough, it seems.

Translation:  I barely know how to do it one way, so don't confuse me with facts.
Or perhaps: ghee, I didn't know PDF supports hypertext, does it?

There is indeed much such pigheadedness around.
Spouting dogma is the standard way to counter good
suggestions  that people don't want to have to deal with.

Has this person seen the examples at
http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dpstory/acrotex.html
or others listed at http://www.YandY.com/resources.htm#pdf ?
Or looked on news://comp.text.pdf ?