Sender:
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2015 17:00:58 +0000
From:
David Carlisle <[log in to unmask]>
On 27/02/2015 16:36, Élie Roux wrote:
>> Indeed: that is the thinking.
>
> Good!
>
>> At the moment the focus needs to be on the current update.
>
> By the way, did you integrate all of this:
>
> https://github.com/lualatex/luatexbase/blob/master/luatexbase-regs.dtx#L266

The

new register allocation code has the correct upper range for each of
classic tex, etex, xetex and luatex, but is different to the etex.sty code.

> ? Should I make an update removing a few things (or everything)? Can
> the LaTeX update and this code coexist?
They can co-exist in that if you load etex.sty we checked that it
cleanly overwrites everything and so did what it always did.
that would mean you lose the float allocation mechanism.

> Thank you,

So at some point you probably want to not load etex.sty and not make
those fixes if you detect a new format, but it is not critical that
happens day one of a latex release.

David