Joseph Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 16 May 2011 08:57:40 +0100
On 16/05/2011 08:51, Will Robertson wrote:
> Dropping trailing optional arguments just doesn't feel right to me; in the interests of disclosure, however, at least two of the packages I've written (pstool and mlist) use them, so I'm clearly biased :)  Their interfaces could certainly be revised but I don't think (yet) in hindsight that the way the commands work therein is necessary a bad idea.

As I said in my other mail, at the moment xparse is about LaTeX2e
conventions using LaTeX3 ideas. So there is no danger of dropping
trailing optional arguments at the moment! I'd also note that there is
an outstanding question on the coffin code about whether optional
arguments, a keyval approach or something in between is best. So I
certainly don't regard this question as resolved one way or the other at
present: at the moment, I'm just worried about spaces :-)