From:
Hans Aberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 14:18:18 +0100
At 23:19 +0330 1998/12/22, Roozbeh wrote:
>I am one of few ones who want to read comp.text.tex, but can't.

Actually, most Internet services can be reached via email only. I repost
below the information on how to get a how-to-do-it document:

How to Access Internet Services by E-mail

If you don't have direct access to the Internet through your BBS
or online service, you're not alone.  Many of the world's countries
with Internet connections have only e-mail access to this world-wide
network of networks.

But if you think that sounds limiting, read on.  You can access almost any
Internet resource using e-mail.  Maybe you've heard of FTP, Gopher, Archie,
Veronica, Finger, Usenet, Whois, Netfind, WAIS, and the World-Wide Web but
thought they were out of your reach because you don't have a direct
connection.

Not so!  You can use simple e-mail commands to do all of this and much
more on the Internet.  And even if you do have full Internet access,
using e-mail services can save you time and money.  If you can send a
note to an Internet address, you're in the game.

I encourage you to read this entire document first and then go back and
try out the techniques that are covered.  This way, you will gain a
broader perspective of the information resources that are available, an
introduction to the tools you can work with, and the best methods for
finding the information you want.

Finding the Latest Version
--------------------------

This document is now available from several automated mail servers.
To get the latest edition, send e-mail to one of the addresses below.

To: [log in to unmask] (for US, Canada & South America)
Enter only this line in the BODY of the note:
  send usenet/news.answers/internet-services/access-via-email

To: [log in to unmask] (for Europe, Asia, etc.)
Enter only this line in the BODY of the note:
  send lis-iis e-access-inet.txt

You can also get the file by anonymous FTP at one of these sites:

Site: rtfm.mit.edu
   get pub/usenet/news.answers/internet-services/access-via-email
Site: ftp.mailbase.ac.uk
   get pub/lists/lis-iis/files/e-access-inet.txt

Or on the Web in HTML format at:

http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/hypertext/faq/usenet/internet-services/access-via-
email/faq.html