Sender:
Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 2008 07:18:56 +0100
From:
Joseph Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Will Robertson wrote:
> On 13/09/2008, at 2:35 PM, Will Robertson wrote:
>
>>> I'm also seeing that I only get the first message of the list I've
>>> given,
>>> despite it being the wrong one!
>>
>> Me too. I'll see what I can dig up.
>
> Ah, I see what I did wrong. I didn't realise (despite it being mentioned
> in the documentation) that the <label> that is used for the error id has
> to be a control sequence unique in name as well as meaning.

Okay, now things make more sense.  I note that \err_interrupt:NNw is not
described in the source3, but \err_interrupt_new:NNNnnn does (on
re-reading) mention *expansion* of \label.  I'd just been using an
arbitrary csname, as I'd thought that the test was looking for the
string rather than the expansion.

> I've added a new directory to the repository to hold example documents
> for things like this. I find these sorts of documents quite useful to
> learn from, and it saves me emailing documents around :)

Thanks very much for that.  Nice and simple to try.

> If you've got any similar example documents on your machine, I'd be more
> than happy to put them up, too. (It'd be nice to turn it into a real
> test suite...but I haven't yet done such a thing in TeX before. I've
> been meaning to look into qstest.sty some time...)

Once I finish my "keys" things I may have something.