Sender:
From:
Hans Aberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 18:51:05 +0100
At 16:36 +0100 2001/02/15, Lars Hellström wrote:
>>Who has said it would bring anything to LaTeX? :-)
>
>You have (even though only implicitly), by posting to this list. If you
>send the command "info LATEX-L" to the LISTSERV server, it will (amongst
>many other things) tell you that

Did you check the subject of this thread; it starts "Side remarks..." -- I
didn't start this discussion, somebody else did.

>You really haven't ever bothered to read the sources (or even The TeXbook),
>have you?

I am told that the TeX Pascal sources are quite difficult to read.

>(No, don't answer. It's a rhetorical question.) It's not an
>assumption of LaTeX, it's an assumption of TeX, and it's not just the line
>separators (although they are given special treatment), it's _all_
>characters.

How can it be an assumption of TeX, if there are different workable ways to
implement those character translations on each platform?

OK. Give me the quote which tells me how to implement newlines translations
on the MacOS platform, so I can tell which one is the right one.

  Hans Aberg