From:
Andrew Parsloe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2019 11:12:06 +1300
Reading through the l3draw documentation various matters came to mind:

Section 1.9 of l3draw.pdf
Typos
Text: \draw_transform_matrix:nnnnn
       has a fifth "n"
Margin: \draw_transform_xscale:n
       the second occurrence should be \draw_transform_yscale:n and not
greyed out.
Text: \draw_transform_shift:n
       \draw_transform_xshift:n
      delete \draw_transform_shift:n
Margin: \draw_transform_matrix_reset
       needs a concluding colon

Clarification
Perhaps there should be a mention under
\draw_transform_matrix_concat:nnnn that concatenating means matrix
multiplication from the left.

Naming
There is \draw_transform_matrix_concat:nnnn and
\draw_transform_shift_concat:n. The rotate, scale, shift and slant
transforms are also concatenations but not so named (lack the _concat).
I wonder if a better naming scheme might be to drop the _concat from
\draw_transform_matrix_concat:nnnn and \draw_transform_shift_concat:n,
thus treating all the concatenating transforms similarly, and rename the
functions currently called \draw_transform_matrix:nnnn and
\draw_transform_shift:n to something else, perhaps
\draw_transform_matrix_set:nnnn and \draw_transform_shift_set:n?

Comma lists?
Was consideration given to using a comma list instead of four separate
braced arguments for \draw_transform_matrix:nnnn? {a}{b}{c}{d} needs
four brace pairs, {a,b,c,d} needs only one. I have a standard US
keyboard (at least I think it is). The { and } characters require the
shift key and a (small) stretch of the little finger to type; commas on
the other hand are easy, no stretch, no shift key. Comma lists are
widely used elsewhere in l3draw for specifying coordinate pairs, e.g.
\draw_path_moveto:n { 1cm , 0cm }. Even {a,b}{c,d} would be better --
and helpful in separating the rows of the matrix.

Andrew

---