From:
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 20:04:59 +0100
Roozbeh,

you wrote:

 > Please note that with different scripts, we have different font
 > classifications also. I'm not sure if the NFSS model is suitable for
 > scripts other than Latin, Cyrillic, and Greek (ok, there are some others
 > here, like Armenian).

i grant you that the way I developed the model was by looking at fonts and
their concepts available for languages close to Latin and so it is quite
likely that it is not suitable for scripts which are quite different.

However to be able to sensibly argue this I beg you to give us some insight
about these classifications and why you think NFSS would be unable to model
them (or say not really suitable)

 > At least I should do some changes to the model to
 > adapt to Persian.

which?

 > And this situation, when you want different font
 > families for different scripts, is always the case with Persian. We don't
 > have anything named Times, or Helvetica, etc.

that's fine. I see no problem at all to model that the way I like to implement
future language support for LaTex. In fact I would have implemented the whole
thing last weekend if I wouldn't have got sidetracked :-)

 > We have our own families,
 > which usually doesn't fit in the model.

again, how do they "not" fit the model. please give examples.

thanks