Sender:
From:
Sebastian Rahtz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 13:59:46 +0100
 > Agreed: but they are putting megabucks into the xxx archives
 > essentially "because authors want to use TeX and avoid publishers
 > (sepecially Elsevier:-)".

I am glad to hear this from another source.

Did you that the push `science' channel of Internet Explorer is to be under
the sole control of Elsevier? the xxx people may capture the hearts
and minds of a few hundred physicists, but the Microsoft/Elsevier/SGML
bandwagon is, I would argue, rather more wide-ranging. How big is xxx
compared to Science Direct?

Possibly getting off subject. But wouldnt we all like to see LaTeX
rooted behind M'softs world domination?

Sebastian